Friday, November 26, 2010

Money saving tricks

I live by these. And everyone has there own so I am not posting this really for anyone just to see myself and re read what I write to see if theres more I can add or if others have some or anything like that.


  1. I never spend over 2 dollars for cereal. I like the $2/4 sales. And will stock up then. Cereal is one of the cheapest things to make so the rising prices are ridiculous.
  2. I buy Hamburg at hannafords where its mark down and then buy in bulk. Keep in consideration I do not have costco or how ever its spelled,sams club or even a super Walmart.
  3. Shredded cheese again 2 bucks or under. I also will buy store brand. Tastes the same.
  4. Name brand prices are sometimes just because its the brand. I always check out the store brand first.
  5. Celeste pizzas usually go for 10/$10 which is great.
  6. Bagels only get bought on sale. I am not paying over 4 dollars for bagles. Silly.Pure stupid.
  7. Betty crocker goes on sale a lot so I tend to make sweets instead of buying little debbies and snack foods that can cost a lot of money.
  8. I compare prices. I know every store in towns price for milk. Yes I do.I am lame lol but I save a lot more money then most on food.
  9. I never grocery shop without sales. If that means we don't have something on hand for a week or so then so be it. I never randomly shop for food,I go every week.
  10. I don't just shop at one store.
  11. Aldis has amazing deals for food that tastes just as good.
  12. Ragu is only bought if its on sale
  13. Gravy 10/$10 then stocked up on,otherwise never gets bought.
  14. Getting the meat guy to ground up chuck roast when its on sale to make hamburg saves a few bucks.
  15. I reuse butter containers,cool whip containers..things like that.
  16. I pre-cook things like chicken and hamburg then freeze them for meals.
  17. I always pick up a turkey after thanksgiving as they tend to be on sale.
  18. Wal-marts food is a little lower then some places. Juices,soda,gravy,ice cream...things like that.
  19. Bulk is not always the better deal. For example My husband picked up a box of french toast sticks,there was 140 or so for a very high price,the boxes I buy I could get a little over that number but more boxes for about 2 bucks under what the big box cost.
  20. Frozen veggies are just as good and go on sale a lot more.
  21. Pasta sides are usually a dollar and add to any meal without feeling like its a unhealthy thing.
  22. Making homemade chicken nuggets and tenders is amazing.
  23. Which brings me to my Chicken deals lol. Chicken goes on sale about twice a month at grocery stores and I get it for always under $2 a lb. Usually I buy the breasts for $1.99 a lb. 
  24. Dollar general carries name brand things for less. 
  25. Canned food is always bought at Aldis unless its a cheap cheap sale. I don't get buying a can of something for over a dollar unless its salmon or something like that but veggies and fruits are just silly.
  26. Chocolate chips are a great snack to keep on a hand. Cheap.
  27. Roasts are simple and go a long way.
  28. Crock pot meals!
  29. Make a little extra for left overs.
  30. Turkey Kielbasa is something that can go a 100 ways. I know pork can too but turkey is a little cheaper and healthier.
  31. Breakfast is a 100 different things. I do southern,I do country.... Fried potatos and eggs,sausage(turkey) and toast...egg and veggie omelets.Pancakes,French toast,crepes,cooked bologna,nutrigrain bars with fruit. Just a plate of fruit. Expensive cereals is not the only option.lol
  32. Sticks of butter on sale and stocking up. Usually I go for under 2 bucks on this too but sometimes I will just buy margarine around 89 cents.
  33. Cool whip is usually around 99 cents.
  34. Tubs of ice cream a great find.
  35. Tub of cream cheese is not always a must,the block kind goes on sale and works too.
  36. COUPONS!
There is more but I can not think of them all right now. LOL
I just try really hard to make sure I am smarter then the stores and the companies. I know for a fact what is cheap to make and whats not. Its fun once you get into it.

Much love!
Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment