Thursday, October 14, 2010

Voices from the heart

I want someone to grab my hand and lead me
Sweet smiles and bright sun
Kind words and and compliments
Daily love
An older version of you
A newer better version of the old you
I want someone to walk through the bad with me
I want someone to hold my mind still 
My heart to skip a beat when our lips meet
My voice to crackle with pride when your name appears
I want to rush to the bathroom to put that red lipstick on
To then make my mark on you
I want surprises 
I want letters closed with a kiss
I need that companionship
No more imaginary friends
Its you and I

Steal my eyes away
Take my thoughts too a new place
Put your touch on my gifts
Think and miss me when your gone
Call me baby when I'm down
Put your arm around me
When another guy comes around
Never break a promise
Laugh harder with me
Then anyone else

Fight to help me
Fight to hold on to me
Never let go
Never let me go
Remember the vows
Remember words spoken
Breathe in my ear soft spoken words
Graze my neck with your gentle lips

Kiss me hello
Kiss me good-bye
Love me hard
Care harder
Take a step back when I'm mad
Take a step forward when I cry
Remember what I have given up
Remember who I can be
Remember what you do that I can't
Remember how much I try

My words are kept
Lock and key
Love more
Pick the pieces up
Hold them gently
Remember...I am human too.

No comments:

Post a Comment